BLACK BEAR SHDX ENGINE OIL SAE 15W-40
Black Bear SHDX ENGINE OIL SAE 15W-40 is an Advanced Quality heavy duty engine oil that provides longer engine life to all diesel and gasoline engines. This oil meets and well exceeds the newest engine tests.
Black Bear SHDX ENGINE OIL SAE 15W-40 is a versatile, ﬁeld proven engine oil capable of handling the most severe on and off road high performance! low emissions engine requirements. EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) equipped engines produce a higher level of soot in the engine oil which results in thickening. Our new CK-4 motor oils, with their highly active additive technology, perform better in almost every other category. DPF (Diesel Particulate Filtration) requires a lower sulfated ash engine oil which lessens the possibility of ﬁlter blockage. A higher concentration of high ash performance additives employed for EGR alone are not suitable to handle this new challenge. Some engine oil manufacturers choose to keep a conventional high ash oil to handle EGR and a lower ash design for A.P.I. CK-4. Black Bear has taken a single oil approach to these varied engine requirements.
This fluid uses the newest advanced additive package that improves oxidation performance by over 60%, will reduced oil consumption and protect against piston deposits when compared to older API CK-4 products.
• Long term highly improved high temperature control of piston and ring belt deposits
• Superior fuel soot dispersants and oxidation inhibitors for better viscosity increase control
• Unparalleled soot wear protection and friction reduction
• Exemplary performance in the newest low emissions diesel engines
• Unique base stock compounding assures long term stay-in-grade viscosity performance
• Satisfies and goes well beyond the latest API diesel requirements "CF"
• Meets and exceeds earlier diesel and gasoline engine specifications
Black Bear SHDX ENGINE OIL SAE 15W-40 starts with quality virgin base oil that in itself is very resistant to oxidation. All of Black Bear’s heavy duty engine oil formulations employ a patented highly active dispersant additive. EGR soot thickening has been reduced to extremely low levels, with ashless additive chemistry.
This allows us maximum use of highly effective ash containing combatants to help keep all engines cleaner and running longer. Our overall low ash A.P.l. CK-4 motor oil provides many beneﬁcial changes including:
- Superior soot thickening control in EGR engine designs
- Better performance in Caterpillar ACERT technology engines
- Higher performance, low ash formulation for Diesel Particulate Filter equipment
- Greatly enhanced control of piston deposits in all engines
- New friction reduction technology greatly improves wear protection
- Corrosion and overall engine cleanliness have improved measurably
- Better operation for all diesel and gasoline engines
API CJ-K, CJ-4
Caterpillar ECF-3 & ECF-2
Cummins CES 20086 and 20081
Detroit Diesel 93K222, 93K218
Mack EOS-4.5, EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N
Volvo VDS-4.5, VDS-4, VDS-3
MTU MTL Type 2.1
Renault VI RLD-4, RLD-3
|Viscosity, cSt @ 100°C||15.3|
|Viscosity, cSt @ 40°C||112.8|
|CCS, cP( @ -20°C)||5500 min|
|Sulfated ASH, % Wt.||1.0|
|Pour Point, °F||-25|
|Flash Point, °F||430 min|